Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pregnancy at 30 weeks

I normally like antenatal check up especially during the scanning time. Although most of the time I am not sure which part of the foetus on the screen although doctor do tell me if that's the head, leg or back bone, but I feel great to see the movement. Then the Gynae doctor will take the measurement and I will be glad to hear " baby is growing well and accordingly. Heart beat present."
However there is a part of the antenatal check up that I dislike : Urine test. After taking blood pressure and weight, then I have to take a bottle to collect midstream urine. It is abit easier during early pregnancy and I can still aim. However, as the tummy gets bigger, I can't see the stream anymore but just take the bottle trying to catch, hoping not to wet my finger ( hope!). On the other hand, I'll choose a squat toilet rather than toilet seat, it is easier but more straining on the legs, considering I am getting heavier with big tummy. Wish guys can experience the same to really feel how difficult it is to be a pregnant women.
My weight today register 73kg. I am already 1.5 kg extra compared to the weight on the day I am delivering my first child. I hope I won't go to 80kg when I deliver the second one. Considering the rate of weight gain of around 2kg per month, I might weigh around 77kg on the due date. Meaning I am likely to be around 70kg+ after confinement!( considering the rate of weight loss of merely 5kg after 1st pregnancy)! Hopefully taking care of 2 children will later help me slim down faster. sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment