Sunday, January 17, 2010

My New Year 2010 Resolution

Have been thinking what should be my second post. Since its still January, think its more appropriate to write about new year resolution. I remember once a senior mentioned to me that its pretty hard to be well rounded person with all the positive charaters and good habits. She suggested that we should set one good character or habit each year and work on it, intead of having the whole list and trying to ( or don't even try to ) follow it. I agree, in chinese proverbs, it takes 3 days to make a person bad but it takes 3 years to make person good.

So this year, I wish that I could learn about 'Discipline'. One but a big word, as discipline mean in time management, in learning things..... I like to read but tends to be attracted by new book, and never finish the currrent book, half way through the book will lay somewhere or in the bookshelf for years, unless I am forced to finish it like to prepare for exam. I think one non-academic book that I actually do finish is 'What to expect when you are expecting', during my first pregnancy. Now that there are a few parenting books, I do hope to be discipline enough to really finish them.
Another discipline is in time, not only for my sake but more for my child sake. She used to sleep late, like 11pm-12am, as she can only sleep with daddy and mommy in bed. But daddy and mommy tends to be stucked with the interesting TV programmes so end up sleep late too. Pity her as she gets so sleepy the next morning and her eye can hardly open after the half day preschool session. So I hope I am discipline to be in the bedroom the latest 10pm.
I have many things in my mind that need discipline. But lets start small and then only move on. I think Discipline is the key for things to get done . Lets hope I become a discipline person for my daily life by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment