Sunday, January 24, 2010

Parenting talk part III -after thought

After attending the session, I was inspired and started examining myself as wife and as mother. Had I done anything that cause unhappiness to my husband or my daughter? Had I done good enough to make them happy. Very often I was commented by my hubby whenever he told me a good news or bad news. Last time when he proposed to me, he was hoping that I would be touched to the point of crying, but I didn't lo. :P. I also realized I was someone not easy to be moved emotionally ( but not very hard la, I did have moments of really happy expressions). Probably that was because I was 50% genetically sad and raised like a pseudo-orphan. And I was very reserved in praising too. But I did improve since I was with my boyfriend ( aka my current husband) and had my daughter. This session had given me inspiration and guide that helped me to understand better how to make other happy ( then I will be happy too :))

When we were having tea after the session, someone raised a question : " Normally we often find mothers attending this kind of talk, but not father, why?" That was true, this session was attended by 5 mothers and 1 husband only. Why were husband not interested? They were already good at it or they were just not keen in parenting? Then we were reminded that we could hardly change others, but we could start the change in ourselves then it would eventually change the people around us. Wise words. Hopefully I would always remember this.

No comments:

Post a Comment