Friday, January 22, 2010

My Wedding Anniversary

Today is my wedding anniversary. Initially I plan to take leave, but happen to have department meeting, so I got to cancel the plan but to have dinner only. I try to search online for some recommeneded romantic place to have dinner and found this restaurant called Gobo Upstairs in Trader's Hotel. Since the 3 courses dinner for 2 is around RM200, hence I decide to go there for the celebration. It's a bit pricey, according to the portion served ( as seen from the photos from other blogs), but we have been long not really celebrate the day except the one year anniversary, so I thought, ok lah...
Right after work, we managed to go out of the house door without our daughter asking to follow. One challenge solved. However, we didn't reach Gobo upstairs, instead we went to Outback Steakhouse in Bangsar Village, after my hubby lecture on the expenditures in the near future, :).



My hubby ordered Sirloin steak and I ordered Campfire Salmon as I wouldn't like to eat well done beef steak and I couln't take medium well due to pregnancy. Then we ordered one bottomless Iced Lemon Tea. That's me, if want to save, I won't want to spend extra cent unneccesary. :)


According to hubby, the steak was not bad ( that mean quite good as there was hardly any food that could make him thumbs up, Sarawakian taste bud). But I like the smashed potatoes. My Salmon tasted good too, its was not dried which I always experienced in other westen restaurant. However it was a bit salty and had to be eaten with rice or the side dishes. I also complimente the vege and corn to be fresh and just nicely cooked, neither over nor undercooked. The ambiance were good enough, since both hubby and I were not really 'romantic' person. The staff services were good too.

We only spent an hour there, but we enjoyed this short time of just the two of us. It didn't need to be long as long as its quality time rite. And the total bill was RM 99.90. Less than RM100 for the 2 of us, of course it could be more if we added starter or dessert, but we were already full. Overall, I enjoyed the celebration. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment