Friday, January 22, 2010

Parenting talk



Got an e-newsletter from mumscentre yesterday and informed there would be a parenting talk tomorrow at Lara's place SS2 at 4pm. I am really interested to attend as I like to learn expert opinion in bringing up children. However that's also my daughter napping time and I don't really know how to drive to SS2. If to attend, I wish my husband can drive me there, but then we will need to bring my MIL and daughter along. As my MIL dun really understand english, I can't ask her to attend too, hence they need to be settled somewhere during the one and half hour talk. It is also never a good idea to ask my husband to drive me there and pick me up later, asking him doing that will end up me dropping the idea of attending. hm... need some thinking here.
Anyway, back to the talk. In the past, as long as parents can provide 4 elements to their children, its good enough already. The four elements are : Clothes, Food, Shelter and Travel. However, nowadays parents need to meet children emotional need too.To do that, I think we need to first understand their behavior and how they think. This is the hardest things to learn, compared to the 4 elements mentioned. So, before I got tied down more when the second child come along, I better grab this opportunity to hear what this positive change consultant, the first Asian in the pioneer Master of Applied Positive Psychology has to say about parenting. Hope I get to attend.
For more information on the talk, check out this link

No comments:

Post a Comment