Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Overdue Pregnancy 40 weeks + 3 days

Yup, still pregnant. Supposed to have lecture in the morning and meeting in the afternoon ( ya, I can still still be this busy), but the another lecturer is kind enough to take over the briefing as he is worried that I will be overtired. The meeting is cancelled too as other member can't make it due to personnal reason and clash with another more important meeting.

Today I still need to go through the routine urine test, weight and BP check. Urine test, as usual is normal, BP wise, increased a bit to 110/69mmHg. Weight wise, increases by 0.5kg to 77kg, but I doubt this reading as I can't really stand well on the weighing scale without my tummy touching the display screen. I try many times and the reading fluctuate between 76.5 to 77kg.

This is the only time I feel anxious for a gynae appointment. Is the cervix opened yet? Will I be asked to admitted rightaway? Is the baby still doing ok?

Anyway, ultrasound and CTG is done, baby is doing fine, amniotic fluid is still adequate. Baby is engaged now and I am glad that the cervix is opened by 1 cm ( Finally!). My gynae ask if I would like to be induced the labour by next Monday or Wednesday, I pick Monday simply because it worth more for my husband paternity leave :). But both gynae and I do hope that I will be labour anytime before that without having to be induced. Praying hard, praying hard...

I am on MC starting tomorrow and then maternity leave next week no matter what. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment