Sunday, March 7, 2010

HE and bread story

HE likes to eat bread with strawberry jam and she will insist to spread the jam on the bread herself, and top with another piece of bread.

One night, she asked again to have bread with strawberry jam. Knowing that she won't be able to finish 2 pieces of bread, I asked her to settle with one bread alone by folding it to half. As expected, she insisted and I asked her to promise to finish all. She nodded. Not surprisingly, after a few bites, she didn't want already. I got angry and scolded her.

Me:" I told you already, you won't be able to finish!"
( He still looked at me innocently with her cheeky smile)
Me:" Ok, give it to me, and from now on, no more strawberry jam!"
( She cried then...If I remembered correctly) and I put back the jam bottle into te fridge, not allowing her to open by putting my hand on the fridge door to resist her opening.
Me: " You quickly finish this bread. I am angry already!"
( I separated the bread, fold it and pass back to her. She took though.) Then I just left her to finish off hanging clothes.

After sometimes, I realized the bread was no more in her hands, suspiciously I checked with my hubby if he helped to finish or not. Hey, she did finish all!

However, from then on, whenever I said I was angry with her or scold her, then she would say
:" Mommy angry En didn't finish. strawberry. no more strawberry..." regardless the cause that I scolded her for. I tried to correct her it was another matter, but she would repeat the same sentense again, with innocent expression and cheeky smile. sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment