Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pregnancy at 39 weeks

Frankly I hope I am at home with a newborn by now. However, I am still not in labour yet. If follow the first delivery timing, I should be in labour room by now.

Anyway, this time my record 76.5kg. I gain 1kg in 1 week time! I think it must be the food and cakes I wallap when I attend the seminar last week. My most hated urine test is even getting harder to be performed. Normal test still. This time, my gynae examine my tummy and found baby is a bit lower this time, so at least the baby is dropping. I seem to feel some stiffening and painless contraction so my gynae check the cervix opening. "Very close still" she said, to my disappointment. My cervix is just so stubborn to thin or ripe, urgh! As I am very near to my due date, CTG is performed to listen my baby heart beat to ensure that I can still carry well beyond due date ( though I hope not). After spending 20 mins, I am glad that the fetal heart monitoring remains normal.

Then we discuss the possibility of labour induction. According my my gynae, I can still stay pregnant till 10 days past due date, meaning labour should be induced if I have not delivered before 8th April. During this time, I should monitor baby movement to ensure there are 10 counts within 12 hours.

Now I am thinking of other conventional ways for stimulating the labour which I found from babycentre: nipple stimulation and "husband help". I probably should walk more like I did last time by frequent shopping. Finger cross, I pray that I will be in labour within this week...please...

No comments:

Post a Comment