Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Peer Rivalry

Today I received 2 missed calls from the school teacher. I called back but engaged. Wonder what happen, then my babysitter mentioned to me that HE was biten by another girl in school. Oh no! Although I understood that this situation was not uncommon in preschool, I felt sorry for my daughter.

When I picked her up, she showed the bite mark on her right arm.
Me: " Who bite you?"
HE: " J*****?"
Me: "Did you cry?", HE nod her head
Me:" Did you hit J*****?" HE nod her head!
I asked again to check the chronology of the event, but I couldn't get clear answer ( expected also)

Then the teacher told me what was the situation though none of them really witness the incident. But the teacher suspected that it could be a change in behaviour of that little girl as her mother was expecting too.

I was glad that HE appeared to be happy, talkative girl still. However, what worry me was that she kept quiet after she was biten. At this age, she was still not good in hiding her sad face, which prompt the auntie to find out what happen, but she still refused to tell until another teacher asked her. I am concerned that my girl seems to be a reserved person, I have to make sure I am close to her so that she is willing to share and keep communication open. I have to remind myself constantly that one day she may shut communication off if hubby or I am not careful in keeping the bonding.

No comments:

Post a Comment