Friday, March 12, 2010

HE birth story part 2

My gynae came to check on me. still 0cm opening. As I had stated that I wished for no IV access, hence she put in the pitocin into my vagina. So far the fluid was still clear hence we still can wait. After that, I did feel a little bit contraction and discomfort but not quite pain yet. I lied on that bed, bored, flipping the same magazine over and over again. 2pm, my gynae came again. Still 0 cm! The cervix was so stubborn! Second pitocin was inserted again. Fluid remained clear (phew, otherwise I had to go for C-sec).

However, everything remained the same when my gynae came 2 hours later. Hence, my gynae tried something different, half tab of another drug was inserted. I was advised to take a jab of antibiotic, Augmentin as my water broke for around 12 hours since then, without this prophylaxis, the baby would likely to be kept hospitalized after delivery due to risk for infection. At the end, I had no choice but had a branula attached anyway.

The drug was indeed a strong one. Within half an hour, I came to know what was labour pain! I hardly have mentrual cramp, but this was the worst mentrual cramp alike pain that I had ever experienced. I could feel the muscle at the pelvic area being pulled to the side! Pain! I couldn't and refused to take dinner. When my mother in law came, she scolded my hubby for not feeding me ( poor him :)) Then she asked me to breath in and breath out whenever the pain came but don't shout. It did help! Thank God that the contraction pain was in a all or none pattern. When the pain came, I would breath in and out steadily. When the pain was gone ( for 1 minute or 2 only though), my mother in law would feed me some rice with soup. Thinking back, I had to be thankful to her cuz the food would give me energy to push later.

Around 6pm, gynae came to check on me again. This time there were some cervix opening (finally!). i thought such great pain would merit a great opening, however, it was merely 1.5cm ( what?!). She offered pain relief and I agreed to take IM pethidine as the contractions was really painful and I couldn't tell how much longer I could bear it on my own. However, what other experienced mothers said were true, pethedine couldn't really help, instead it made you feel drowsy. However it also made me slept through, that somehow helped me to bear pain while having some sort of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment