Saturday, March 6, 2010

HE birth story part 1

Its getting near and near to my EDD for this second baby.
I remembered I was crazily going shopping everyday 1week before my EDD for HE. The EDD was supposed to be 7th May, so few days before that, I had many public holidays from Saturday till Wednesday.

One day before the delivery, I managed to catch the latest movie of Spiderman 3 and shopped at One utama till 9pm. I didn't need to get up to pee during midnight when I was having HE. However, on that very night, around 4 am, I needed to get up with urination urge, then I felt a gush of water between the leg! Quickly I went into bathroom, and the pinkish fluid just flow, not containable with pad at all. As what I read from book, I was supposed to wait till there was contraction and frequent enough before going to hospital. Hubby and me waited for the timing, but I could hardly felt and sense any contraction at the tummy. I took a bath ( while still could before being prohibited after delivery). Around 6 am, I decided to sms my gynae and asked her if I should go to hospital despite no contraction. Unexpectedly, rightaway I received her reply and asked me to go to hospital at once!

While at the PAC, a male doctor came to attend to me. Though feeling really shy to have male other than my hubby to assess that part, what to do. " 0 cm" he said " you didn't pass motion before coming is it?" he sounded scolding rather than just asking( In my mind, I thought that doesn't matter anymore?"), plus emotionless despite a new life was coming! Another MA who was also going to be my massage lady during confinement also came to see me too, she touched my tummy and said " hm...will come out very soon?" ( Was she trained for that?). After doing the fetal heart test, I was asked to do urine test and weight again ( 70kg if not more, couldn't remember exactly, but for sure touching 70kg).

As there was no opening yet, I was admitted to ward first. It was around 7 plus am. One thing I missed packing into mama bag was reading material, I was so bored in the ward and got nothing to do, there was nothing much good TV programme to watch at such early morning also. No wonder patient got depressed more as they stayed longer in ward, it felt like purposeless. There was no contraction felt still till 10 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment