Tuesday, April 13, 2010

When HE sees HX

On the very night HX was delivered, she was already introduced to HE. My husband went to pick HE from babysitter place to visit me and HX. As expected, HE was very excited to see baby. I don't expect she understand what sister mean. I let HE touched HX, telling her that the baby is her sister, she need to 'sayang' her. Then HE attempt to hold HX while my mother in law supported the baby head and bottom.

Then HE saw the IV drip on my hand, she asked if I had fallen down, was it painful? I just told her there was a needle. SHe frowned and looked feeling sorry for me. When I went to toilet, HE saw my pad that was filled with blood, as I couldn't really closed the door due the drip. "what is that?" I felt sorry to let her see that as I thought it frightened her till she dare not use the toilet though she looked having the urge.

Later, as HE needed to leave with the babysitter, she was quiet. As I said bye bye to her, she didn't reply back, nor waving her hand. At first I didn't sense it, until my mom in law made face to me, then I suddenly realize that HE could be feeling sad that tonight she couldn't go home to sleep with daddy and mommy. Oh...

The next day, according to my mom in laws, HE behaved well and slept right after coming back from hospital. In the evening, she came home and again excited to see that baby was at home. "why baby come here?", "why baby is here, mommy?" we just replied her that this is baby home too. Then HE couldn't stopped touching HX, " yee...this is baby hand, this is baby leg, they are so small!" HE was really excited and she gagged all the time.

Night time, time to sleep. I went in with HX first, attempting to put her to sleep. Then hubby was supposed to sleep with HX at the living hall at the moment until we were ready for foursome. After spending an hour trying to put HX to sleep, I heard HE was crying outside, I could tell it was a sad cry and I normally hear that when HE accidentally knocked her head. A few burst of crying was heard, I thought HE was hurt. The next day, I asked my husband and mother in law, according to them, HE looked wanting to but hesitating to go into the room. HE didn't say or demand to sleep in the bedroom, but she kept going to and fro, watching the bedroom door. I almost teared out when I heard that, poor HE...she was such an understanding girl. No wonder the next morning, she straightaway came into the bed room with her pillow and bolster and want to cont sleeping on the bed although it was time to go to preschool.

Hence, we attempted to have 4 of us in the bedroom, HE, HX and I on the bed while husband on the floor. That very night, though it was pretty difficult to put HE to sleep as she kept wanted to look at HX, stroking and playing with her, husband and I managed to let HX and HE to sleep. It was a busy night for hubby and I. It was more challenging for mer as I had to watch out for HE for not falling off the bed at one end or hit HX on another end while attending the milk demand from HX. Hoo... After 3 nights, we set up the bed rail, and I would transfer HX to the cot ( which was attached to the queen size bed) once HX was asleep, to give four of us a sound sleep. Until we can figure out better solution, that was our sleep arrangement at the moment.

Now HE began to call HX by name. She didn't fuss even when she recognized that HX was wearing the clothes that she had once wore before. When I mentioned to her that she need to share toys and things with HX, she would repeat the words and seems not rejecting the idea. Every now and then, HE wanted to kiss HX and smell her. HE liked to ask " what smell is this" as she put her nose on HX head and 'sniff'. " baby smell lo" I replied. In the morning, if He woke up early in the morning and saw baby, she would tut her hand on HX head and stroke gently while closing back her eye. HE would also demand to sleep next to the baby, which I always rejected due to obvious reason. Lets hope HE and HX could get along well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment