Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sleep war

So far confinement has been ok for me. My mom in law has gone for her holidays last friday, so I will be on my own and HX only for the next one week before my mom in law come back from the trip to help out for the last week of confinement.

Actually the most difficult task for me is to juggle between a toddler and a baby, especially when it comes to nap time. HE is difficult to be put to sleep if she is not sleepy. She will ask for drink, milk or play whenever I try to put her to sleep. So it may take around 1 hour minimum before she finally get tire and sleep. Now with the baby, it is even harder. I have to keep urging, scolding, even sometimes threatening HE to ask her to stay put on the bed and hopefully sleep, while keeping an eye on HX in case she cries for milk. It will be easier if one of them sleep, allowing me to handle one at one time, however it is always not the case. HE will also ask to sleep beside HX, so sometimes I have to shift HX in between HE and I. If hubby or I happen to upset HE, she will throw tantrum. So far, one tantrum that I see is she kicking her legs here and there with no sense of direction. I feel sad to see that and lost of idea what to do. Wish I can find solution from books or any references.

One thing I am glad aboout is HX sleep better, compared to HE at HX age. However, I observe that she only sleep well when she is on the sofa or on my bed, NOT on her cot. She hardly settle on her cot. Whenever I transfer HX from my bed to the cot, she will wake up and kicking away. I wonder what's wrong with the cot, I thought the latex mattress should be more comfortable. Or HX prefer harder bed compared to soft bed? Anyway, I change the bedsheet and try to adjust the mattress ( I put the playpen latex mattress on top of the cot latex mattress)and see if it makes a difference. No matter how, HX got to learn to sleep well on the cot.

No comments:

Post a Comment