Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sleep obstacle...again

Ever since I deliver HX, I am able to cope with everything, including doing confinement myself, except...on weekend, when I need to juggle between HE, a toddler and HX a newborn.

HE loves HX, though I am not sure it is out of sibling passion or just HE passion towards baby (a.k.a little toy that can move?) She like to touch her, hold her, hug her. As a parent, I got to allow her to 'sayang' her sister but also in the mean time I got to be extra careful to foresee any accidental 'extra force' inappropriately exerted on HX. It is both psychologically and physically challenging.:)

Anyway, today i am writing this post at 7am, my hubby and HE are out for breakfast. Why this early? That's because all of us has woke up and can't sleep anymore. Around 6 am, HE suddenly cry, while I am half body lying on the cot ( Ur hum...the cot is attached to my bed without rail in between), trying to put HX to sleep in her cot by feeding her. After trying to console HE and able to make her smile, HE become so awake that she want to have a look at the baby and be next to her. That's fine for me except HE also wants to touch her which I try to ask her not to as I want HX to sleep. As I prohibited certain 'passionate' action from HE, I think she got upset and throwing some mild tantrum, the way HE always do, just restless and make no sound but very sensitive to cry if any additional 'dose' from scolding or accidental knocking on objects around her. Hence one hour has past, its 7 am, everyone can't sleep, hence must as well get up and go for breakfast.

Except HX, she sleep.Just like before, she couldn't really settle in the cot, but once shifted to my bed, she can doze off peacefully and sleep soundly. My hubby commented that the mattress can be too 'cooling' for her. Hm...I think I got to change the 'condition' of the cot, probably add a towel beneath the bedsheet to make it more warm, or to get a mattress protector also. Hopefully, hopefully that solve the sleep issue. No wonder there are childcare books soley talk on sleep, apart from eating and discipline, it is so essentials and strategies are badly needed by sleep-deprived parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment