Monday, April 12, 2010

HX day 1 and 2

On 5th April 2010, 1749, HX was borned at birth weight of 3.19kg. Same as the elder sister, she opened up her eye browsing the world right after delivery. There was a dimple at her left cheek, almost like my husband family. However, the nurse also informed to the gynae that a whitish hard lump was found at the left thigh. We were later informed by the Paed that the lump shouldn't be worrisome but just need monitoring.

After she was cleaned up, HX was put on my chest to be breastfed. Although I had already had breastfeeding experience, I had to admit that HX was good in suckling and she suckled strongly. Hearing HX swallowing the milk was so satisfying.

Back to the ward, I was still prescribed pitocin infusion for further 6 hours. I felt really exhausted post delivery. I passed out lots of urine and 'gas' too. Only after that, I felt more alert and was able to take my dinner.

Later at night, while there were only husbad, I and HX, HX began rooting for milk. I breastfed her, thought she would be well fed and sleep for the next hour just like when I fed her around 8pm. However, same things happened again when I had HE, just this time it was more challenging as HX seemed to be less patience. When I failed to latch her probably, she would cry and became fussy. At certain times, she even cried till there was tears! As I couldn't really sit for long, I breastfeed her at lying position. With that position and the jelly like baby, it wasn't easy to latch her on. Furthermore the nurses were not helping at all. At one moment, a nurse came in with a bottle of formula 'baby lapar ke, nak bagi susu?". Another time, I got worried when HX kept hiccuping, hence I called nurse in, 2 nurses came, they commented the room could be cold and asked to put the baby in nursery as there was no aircond, when I asked her if they could bring to me the baby whenever she cried for milk, I could tell the hesitation, even near to frowning face, ' kalau you nak baby dengan U, U kena off aircond." ok, fine, I opted to off aircond though I was sweating away and also the fact that HX kept sneezing.

The whole night, I kept struggling latching on HX, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. She fussed, cried, sometimes screams. At certain times, she would let go and cried to the point I was worried that she might have stuffed nose that make her refuse to be fed. I kept praying, so that she had no respiratory problems, as that would really put an end to breastfeeding.

Things was not quite improved the next day. Fussiness continued during feeding time, though there were times she was settled. I managed to pull through and HX behaved when my colleagues drop by to visit me. After waited for paed to examine her, we were ready to be discharged around 4 plus pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment