Sunday, February 21, 2010

Strawberry bread vs Chocolate

This morning I tried to put wholemeal bread with HE's favourite strawberry jam, hoping that she would take wholemeal bread. She took one bite, and then just lick the strawberry jam, to my disappointment. In order to make her eat more, I did the usual way, break a small portion and feed her. She took.....but it stayed in her mouth but not down the throat.

She went to fridge and spotted the chocolate given by my auntie from K. kangsar. Then she kept going to and fro between me and hubby, hinting she wanted to spit. Of course we refused. At last resort, she spitted on her hand.
My tempered was really up, rightaway I grabbed both the chocolate and the spitted bread from her hands. She cried, as expected, and I let her.
Me :" I asked you to finish the bread, then only chocolate, why do you have to spit it? now your hand is dirty. the floor is dirty!"
HE: (crying)
Me :" You finish the bread then chocolate, ok? tell me, ok?
HE: (still crying)

I made her take the tissue to clean the spitte bread on the floor. She did and also stop crying.
I make her promise again but she refuse to say yes nor nod her head. Just as I was almost give in

Me :" Ok, you finish the chocolate then bread ok?"
HE : (nodded slightly)

As I opened the 'tupperware'...to my surprise, she took the small piece of bread and put into her mouth, before asking to hold the chocolate in her hands. This time, she finished the bread (though just that small piece) before eating the chocolate.

I was glad that I insisted. and even pleased that HE listen and understood. Though I expect that there would food battle with this fussy eater still. At least this time it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment