Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sesame seed in 4 month old baby's stool!

I sometimes find some 'solid' in HX stool. I thought it is due to undigested milk fat and leave it, without suspecing anything. but today I am so suprised to find 2 sesame seeds in her otherwise usual runny stool!

I am very concerned as I am afraid it is not sesame seeds but some kind of bug egg. Babysitter has been telling me that HX appetite is not that good, she can hardly finish 3 oz per feeding. Could that be the cause? got worm in the tummy? that's horrifying!
I couldn't reach babysitter to ask whether she has accidentally feed HX sesame seed, hence I test it out by my own bare hand, and found....indeed sesame seed ( phew!). But she is only 4 months old, how does she take sesame seed?
As I look carefully, the 'solid' look like oat's skin. Then I remember babysitter mention to me that she fed HX little bit bread, it doesn't alarm as I thought it is white bread bits only. But today I realize babysitter has changed from white to wholemeal bread eversince she is diagnosed diabetes. Oh no, of course HX couldn't digest that and such a high fibre food is bad for her very young stomach. Could that be the reason that her milk intake is low? We shall observe after I tell babysitter stop feeding her bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment