Saturday, August 14, 2010

Estee Lauder Staff sale 2010

The last time, also my very first time to Estee Lauder Staff sale is back to year 2006. It burn a hole in my purse as I bought a lot of make up items.

Though most of the items bought last time are barely used, they are probably no longer hygienic to be used anymore, since they are warehouse sale item and its been 4 years! Hence I decided to get myself a new set of basic make up items.

To go this sale, normally it require an invitation card. However from my past experience and what I read from people blog, by 11am, the card is no longer needed, and best of all, no need to que. Hence I go there around 11.30am, thanks to my hubby who is willing to fetch me there and take care of HX while I bring along HE to see 'world'. :)

As expected, no card needed and no que. :) I can see that this time the sales are smaller (or the item are grabbed much faster than early birds?) Most of M.A.C items are still available. I make a round to see what is available, hopefully to get a face powder and even Estee Lauder Time zone eye cream. However, no more face powder available and the only EL skincare item left is Cyberwhite essence. But I can't just leave like that, hence I walk around again, seeing M.A.C, Clinique, lots of perfumes counters...finally I see Bobbi Brown! Lots of foundations are available, but not what I want. There are still many eye shadows, lip gloss/lipsticks. I grab the pot rouge for lip and cheek (powder pink +sheer colour cheek tint no 8, sheer pink) (Normal price for pot rouge alone is RM90).


As I am still staying around, hoping that some early birds may leave behind some great stuff...finally I saw a palette in a plastic bag! The staff go around to collect those left behind item to be repacked and sell again. I grab hold of one and it happens to be the cabana coral lip and eye palette, though I actually would prefer to get the eye gel palette which another girl has grabbed earlier.

According to the sales person, I am very lucky to get the palette. I also quite like to eye colours. ok, decide to keep it. Then I suddenly think this is a good chance to get something for my mother and sis in law. Hence I go back to BB station and get hold of another set of Pot rouge (Powder Pink) and Sheer colour cheek tint (no7, Mauve).

That's all I get, but also cost me RM270! Compared to 4 years ago, the price has gone up. Last time per pack of 3 items cost RM60, this time its RM80. The palette also cost RM110, but its 6 eyecolour, 4 lip colour + lip brush+eyebrush. Ok la, reward myself a bit, better to buy it at actual price ( should be around RM200+) at counter.

3 comments:

  1. wow lucky you to get nice palette after 11pm.. while others who camp early might not even get this cos too many people already.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog, Jess. Ya but I hope to have more 'luck' to get the eye gel palette shown in your blog (greedy ya :)). Hoping to grab face powder in the coming Loreal sale though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cll : nice blog you have here :D anyway if you need my help in getting stuffs for the Loreal sales, please email me ya at jessying@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete