Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sending HE to preschool

Recently HE seem to be quite attach with her daddy. Everymorning, she would request to hold daddy hand to go out of house and ask me to carry HX instead. She also prefer daddy to bath for her.

One day, she specially request for daddy to send her to school, since we get to go out of house quite early, daddy agreed. Then the next day, she request again, this time I diagree, as last time daddy mention that there is only maid in the school when he arrive there around 740am, I don't feel safe. After much persuason, HE finally give in and willing to say bye bye to Daddy, however...her face is down and teary eye. Her mood in the morning become bad. She refuse to say bye bye to babysitter too when we drop HX there. As the day is still early, I stop over by roadside to talk to her. I remember the lesson I learn during parenting class 2 Sunday ago, reflect her feeling in words, so I go to her and say, " you are sad as you want daddy to send you to school..." right away, she cry out. I hug her, trying to console her. When she is a bit settled, then we head on the school, with her face is still down. As usual, the teacher come out to bring her in when we reach school gate, noticing her moody face. As I mention why to the teacher, HE cry again very sadly. I am feeling bad too.

Hence hubby and I try another strategy, first we decide the day that daddy can send HE, then we inform HE that daddy will send her on Tuesday and Thursday but Monday, Wednesday and Friday mommy send. HE agree. So every morning we tell her what day is today and she understand. I am glad that this way not only teaches her day but also get to keep her cheerful. This I learn from "making children mind without loosing yours" and " how to talk so kids will listen and how to listen so kids will talk". Involving children into decision making even when they are as young as 3 yo like HE, is possible and it gets to reduce unnecessary crying and scolding. still learning to fine tune this skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment