Thursday, August 12, 2010

Registering for Standard 1

My elder is 3 years old. A bit Kiasu to think about registering her to primary school? I think I am not. As I search online, I read some have registered when born! However, no one tell how to do that.
I have read also recently government have started online registration, which I think is good as that would avoid long que, provided the technical support is good as information lost along the way is not new. (Note, for school under Kuala Lumpur or Wilayah Persekutuan, online registration has not been implemented yet as for 2010)

Anyway, it seem the registration normally start in March. This year, they are accepting registration for standard 1 for year 2011 ( born in Jan 2004-Jan2005) and 2012 (Jan2005-Jan2006). Hence likely it will be the intake of 2013 (Jan 2006-Jan2007) and 2014 (Jan 2007-Jan2008).  My girl is born in May 2007, meaning I got wait till 2012 to register her for 2014. I hope this is correct. Just wonder if I will 'rugi' or less chance to get the prefered chinese primary school if I follow the 'official ruling'. hm... There is not exact info that I can find online though. At least I found 2 bloggers that give the info.
Joy or Happiness and the suzette
Generally I need to prepare the following document ( Just to record to save my search in the future)

1. Child Birth Certificate


2. Utility Bill (TNB/ Water/ Telephone Bill) – Proof of address

3. Parent’s Identity Cards

4. Marriage Certificate / Divorce Certificate

5. Proof of guardian (if applicable)

The link to register for schools under Selangor is http://apps.emoe.gov.my/esppsel/pptahun1/

Whereas for Kuala Lumpur is http://www.moe.gov.my/jpwpkl/ (in case online registration will be implemented in futute, which I think likely by year 2012)
Hope the info stills stay correct when its HE turn for registering

No comments:

Post a Comment