Tuesday, February 7, 2012

#3rd pregnancy but miscarriage

I knew that I would be given long MC after that appointment. Should the sac not out before the appointment, D&C would be performed. I managed to pass over work and passed up the reports before the weekend so that I could have the MC with peace of mind.

My PV bleed was getting more and I also felt that muscle pulling, but no cramp. On 5th Feb, after having dinner, we went to Tesco to get some staff to prepare for confinement later. Suddenly I felt that my pant was wet. I knew the bleed was getting alot more. Quickly I rushed my husband to pay up and rushed back home. Lots of bleeding indeed plus big clots.

After changing pad and pants. I planned to observe if the pad was soaked for another hour which was the sign to go to hospital. I still didn't have any painful contraction as described by my colleague who had similar experience. I just had one sudden brief pain and then all discomfort relieve. As I stood up and walked, I could feel something , as I checked, a whitish tissue was passed out. Quickly I put it into a container and went to hospital.

After scan was done, doctor said the miscarriage was complete and no need D&C required. Then an injection was given in order to stop bleeding. I was supposed to be able to go home immediately, however, suddenly I sensed tightness at my both ears and kept coughing. I was so concerned that I would experience severe allergic reaction. Thank God that it was just temporary.

By the time I got to home, it was already 1 am. I was very tired and lethargic and I could feel contraction at my tummy (uterus). But I couldn't sleep till much later.

As much as I wished for the pregnancy to be able to sustained instead, I felt relieved now as the past one month was quite torturing to my mind and body. In a way, it was easy for me to cope with the loss, as I already got the news of possible miscarriage on the same day I found myself pregnant. Then there was one month time for me to settle my emotion. In addition, all the while the sac was empty and never we saw the presence of fetus.
 Now it was considered as over and I could move on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment