Monday, August 1, 2011

In memory of my father_2

           Next day, the maid came to take over my brother to take care of my father. I was glad that she was around, and more glad that she was someone that my father trust and rely on, which hardly happening in my father life, in addition, she was also someone who could bear all the scoldings. Later I saw the blood investigation and found his renal profile was deranged. Furthermore, the doctor-in charged also told me that it was stranged that the previous private hospital did all the tests but a proper blood test. I felt sad hearing that, if I were there with him, possibly I could stop all the unnecessary tests that could even strained his body further. Later, to confirm diagnosis, my father need to go through bone marrow aspirate which could be painful as it involved spine. However, my father could go through it without much whining. Later at night, nurses also had to put ryle's tube to start feeding, again, my father cooperates very well. For first time after many many years, I hold his hands and kept encouraging for swallowing the ryle's tube so that it could get to the stomach. At this moment, with the strong will to live, my father did impress me, that he was a brave man. If it were me, possibly I would be whining here and there.
His stomach was really bloated, however, no one, not even doctor was able to find the real cause and treatment, although my father keep complaint of stomach pain. It was also not the typical symtoms of AML.

No comments:

Post a Comment