Monday, August 1, 2011

In memory of My father

           Never it occured to me that I need to face the faith testing this way. As I mentioned that the value that I lost seem getting bigger and bigger. and this time, its my father.
One Sunday, my father called me up and complaint that he felt always tired. Knowing my father who used to be a complainer and complaint the same thing when he was 40 plus, I didn't pay much attention to the same description by a 70 year old man. Then the following Tuesday, 26th April, my brother called me up and informed that father was admitted as he was almost fainted. I started to get worried. After that, doctor called me up and informed that my father was found to have Leukaemia! Although I heard it many times in my profession, its still shocking when someone close had it. As I informed my sister, I couldn't even finish my sentence but crying. Although our relationship with father used to be tensed, but in this juncture of time, all we had is daughters worried for father. As I saw my father at the emergency unit, I was even more sadden when I saw his frail body. No wonder he seemed to have lost so much of weight during my daughter's one year old dinner. Somehow I kept wanting to take family photo since chinese new year, but I never expected that's the last time we could have photo together.
My father was later admitted to the general ward, which he objected a lot. However, to ensure that he got a better care, we could only say that's doctors order and rejected his request to another 2 person ward with less experienced nurses. As the salt level was low, he appeared to be a bit disorientated, keep asking the maid to get the pant that was hanging somewhere, thinking that he was at home. For the first night, my younger brother spent the night there.

No comments:

Post a Comment