Saturday, July 17, 2010

Me and my two girls

Last 2 days were the first times I was taking care 2 girls alone since I started working after maternity leave. Hubby need to go to Singapore for work. Initially I was worried if I was able to cope. But I had to anyway.
First thing I was worried about was how to bring get 2 girls up and then down from condo to the car and then drive them to babysitter and preschool. Thank God that HE was behaving well, she didn't make fuss, she could wake up early, drank milk and took the shower, dress up in school T-shirt, and willing to walk while I was carrying HX. I remember the first few days of work, she cried almost everyday and insist I carried her. Whereas HX, as usual so far, woke up early every morning but enjoy herself without making noise. She was so adorable. :)
Second challenge, getting both to sleep. I had handled this before during my confinement without hubby and mom in law. However, HE was better than expected. Around 9.30pm, after I had fed HX to sleep, HX asked to be tucked into her sleeping sack. I went out of room a while to clean something, then she slept, by herself, without asking me to 'sayang' her. Muak!
Third challenge, spending weekend. I doubt I could get out so I got to settle my and HE breakfast, lunch and dinner. Since HX could entertain herself, I manage to settle all. HE and I ate oats as breakfast, fried rice as lunch, and going to have chicken soup tonight ( cooked in slow cooker now).
Now, at this very moment, both HX and HE are napping now. Seeing them sleeping next to eachother, they are just so adorable. I can also see that HE has settled and adjusted having a new sibling. Thank God for that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment